Groundnut is the major oilseed of India. It accounts for around 25% of the total oilseed production of the country. Annual production of Indian Peanuts and Indian Peanuts oil are around 5-8mln and 1.5 mln tons respectively. Peanuts Production is highly vulnerable to rainfall deviations and display huge fluctuation between years.
Regional estimates are Gujarat (1-3.5 million tons), Tamil Nadu (1million tons), Andhra Pradesh (1-2 million tons), Karnataka (0.5 million tons), Maharashtra (0.5 million tons) are the major producers of Peanuts.
Around 75% of the crop is produced in khariff (June – September) and remaining 25% in rabi (November – March). India exported around 100000 tons of groundnut oil in 2003-04 after 4 decades, as crop failed in Senegal and Argentina. Peanuts or Groundnut kernels are approx. 70% of weight in shells and kernels have an oil recovery of 40-42%.
China (2-2.5 million tons), India (1.5-2 million tons) is the major producers of groundnut oil, followed by Sub-Saharan African countries and Central and South America.
Global trade of Indian Peanuts or Indian Groundnut oil is to the maximum of 100000 tons a year. EU and US are major importers. Senegal and Argentina are the major Peanuts exporters.
- Groundnut (shells/kernels)
- Blanched Groundnuts
- Peanut Butter
Factors Influencing Peanuts or Groundnut Markets
- Weather at the major domestic producing centers. The southwest monsoon is the most important factor that determines the area sown, production and prices.
- Price of other competitive oils in India, viz., soy oil, palm oil, cottonseed oil, sunflower oil and mustard oil.
- International price movement of soy oil at CBOT and palm oil at BMD, Malaysia also influence the groundnut
- Festivals and celebrations also increase consumption and the prices.
Specifications for Raw Kernels
|Bold Counts per Ounce||35/40, 38/42, 40/45, 45/50, 45/55, 50/60, 60/70, 70/80|
|Java Counts per Ounce||40/50, 45/55, 50/60, 60/70, 70/80, 80/90, 100/120, 120/140, 140/160, 160/180|
|Red Skin Counts per Ounce||70/80, 80/90
Groundnut kernels for oil crushing is also available
|Moisture||7% max OR 8% max (as per customer requirements)|
|Admixture||1% max OR 0% max (as per customer requirements)|
|Foreign Material||0.50% max OR 0.00% max (as per customer requirements)|
|Oil content||42% – 48% max|
|Aflatoxin||– Aflatoxin negative
– 5 PPB (TLC method)
– 10 PPB ( HPLC / ELISA method with B1B2 contion)
– 20 PPB ( HPLC / ELISA method with B1B2 contion)
– as per customer requirement
|Packing||– New Jute Bags of 50 / 25 / 20 / 10 / 9 / 8 Kgs Gross
– New vacuum pack inside and outer layer with PP woven bags 25 Kgs Gross
– One 20″ FCL can load 20 MTS or 400 Bags of 50 Kgs each
Pure or natural Indian peanuts butter is made by crushing roasted peanuts into butter. We ensure the peanut oil does not separate from the butter by selecting the right type of raw material. Our client uses our Indian peanut butter as raw material for re-processing into other types of peanut butter.
Specifications for Indian Peanuts Butter
|Thiness||98% less than 100 mesh|
|Acid value||0.4% max|
|Peroxide value||0.30% max|
|Arsenic mg / kg||0.50% max|
|Lead mg / kg||0.50% max|
|Coliform ( mpn / 100g )||30 max ( negative )|
|Packing||– 20KG / Cartons ( One 20″ FCL can load 1788 cartons)
– In 200 Kgs new mild steel drums ( 80 such drums to be stuffed into one 20 ft. container; total 16 MT per container )